mélancolie
Spring technically begins on Monday, but it has officially arrived. It could be argued that yesterday was the official beginnings, with the sun and warm air, but for me it feels more like it begins today; with its fog and gloom, you'd think that old man winter is still lingering in his deathbed, refusing to let go.
Dreary day. Kind of how I feel like: defeated. The optimism that I had seems to have ebbed away, much like the warmth that the sun had given only yesterday.
I have been spoiled; I have become accustomed to awakening to my beloved's voice. It was therefore not unusual to feel the stirrings of today at 0458 hrs this morning. I know that there's no signal inside her cousin's house, but still my body responded to its familiar rhythm in the hope that it would be rewarded.
Today would probably be the best time to go to the aquarium. Surrounded by water, you won't see the sky and the clouds that cover it.
In a few hours time, the distance which separates us will once again distend to an unsurmountable chasm. Before, any stretch I would have braved. Now, everything is uncertain.
Perhaps, in time I shall once again see the silver lining. But for now....
Dreary day. Kind of how I feel like: defeated. The optimism that I had seems to have ebbed away, much like the warmth that the sun had given only yesterday.
I have been spoiled; I have become accustomed to awakening to my beloved's voice. It was therefore not unusual to feel the stirrings of today at 0458 hrs this morning. I know that there's no signal inside her cousin's house, but still my body responded to its familiar rhythm in the hope that it would be rewarded.
Today would probably be the best time to go to the aquarium. Surrounded by water, you won't see the sky and the clouds that cover it.
In a few hours time, the distance which separates us will once again distend to an unsurmountable chasm. Before, any stretch I would have braved. Now, everything is uncertain.
Perhaps, in time I shall once again see the silver lining. But for now....


4 Comments:
we really need to have a nice long conversation. i promise i will call as soon as i get home...i'll be calling from my house line so don't be supprised, and i don't care who's around me...we need to talk.
-C
i don't want you to risk anything....
I would risk my life for you
i would give my life for you
Post a Comment
<< Home