Mall Rats
I hate the mall.
It's crowded, most people are way too much in a rush, and it's not unusual to meet up with rude people. This is interesting for me to feel, since I come from a part of the world where people flock to the mall, because it's too too hot everywhere else. I think it's mostly the memories associated with it that I'm trying to steer clear of.
Now, I've new ones to add.
0934 hrs today, I received a call from my baby. She called at 0308 hrs but I was too dizzy from the lack of blood mixed with the obtuse notion that alcohol-is-liquid-and-I-need-to-rehydrate-after-the-blood-letting to answer the phone cohesively, so I didn't.
She told me her plans for today. Got me really keyed up. It consisted of watching a movie, and going to the mall.
I told her of mine, and hatched this hare-brained plan of meeting up with her after work.
1530 hrs, I get out of the office, and I'm almost like a school kid let out for summer. I send her a text message that I'm on my way, drive the 16.52 miles there, and take 10 minutes to find parking.
I find that she's sent me a reply, and says that she's watching the movie so I busy myself by trying to commit to memory the lay of the land. 1501 hrs, she texts back to tell me that the movie just finished. My heart beats ever faster at the prospect of getting to see her. I ask her where she's at and she answers:
Kinda busy
I begin to despair. I text her that maybe I ought to just go home; she tells me that I should, if I want to.
But, I don't want to. At least, not until I catch a glimpse of her.
I ask her where she is, and since she's not from the area, she truly cannot answer me.
What ensues is an interesting game of hide-and-go-seek. She calls to tell me that maybe she saw me, and that she's sorry that we cannot meet. I tell her not to be sorry, and she answers in her own cute way that she's sorry for being sorry.
Sadly, I've reached my lowest point of desolation by then and ask her to stop it because it'll only upset me more.
She texts me one word:
Fine
On my way to the car, I look through a display window. I think that I may have seen her. I text her: ground floor, white top, aƩropostale? well, it doesn't really matter now....
she doesn't text back.
Beloved, I am sorry if I've upset you. I just felt so frustrated because like I said, that may have just been the closest we have ever been. I knew that it was a gamble to begin with; us getting a chance to meet with the busy schedule you were forced to adhere to, but I have this fear that that may be the closest we can ever be, physically.
It's possible that we passed each other in the mall, without really knowing and those that we saw may have not been who we thought they were.
Someday, I hope to meet up with you, and this game of hide-and-go-seek will finally conclude. At that instant, I'll say with a smile: There you are! and the long wait will be over and it'll all be worth it.
It's crowded, most people are way too much in a rush, and it's not unusual to meet up with rude people. This is interesting for me to feel, since I come from a part of the world where people flock to the mall, because it's too too hot everywhere else. I think it's mostly the memories associated with it that I'm trying to steer clear of.
Now, I've new ones to add.
0934 hrs today, I received a call from my baby. She called at 0308 hrs but I was too dizzy from the lack of blood mixed with the obtuse notion that alcohol-is-liquid-and-I-need-to-rehydrate-after-the-blood-letting to answer the phone cohesively, so I didn't.
She told me her plans for today. Got me really keyed up. It consisted of watching a movie, and going to the mall.
I told her of mine, and hatched this hare-brained plan of meeting up with her after work.
1530 hrs, I get out of the office, and I'm almost like a school kid let out for summer. I send her a text message that I'm on my way, drive the 16.52 miles there, and take 10 minutes to find parking.
I find that she's sent me a reply, and says that she's watching the movie so I busy myself by trying to commit to memory the lay of the land. 1501 hrs, she texts back to tell me that the movie just finished. My heart beats ever faster at the prospect of getting to see her. I ask her where she's at and she answers:
Kinda busy
I begin to despair. I text her that maybe I ought to just go home; she tells me that I should, if I want to.
But, I don't want to. At least, not until I catch a glimpse of her.
I ask her where she is, and since she's not from the area, she truly cannot answer me.
What ensues is an interesting game of hide-and-go-seek. She calls to tell me that maybe she saw me, and that she's sorry that we cannot meet. I tell her not to be sorry, and she answers in her own cute way that she's sorry for being sorry.
Sadly, I've reached my lowest point of desolation by then and ask her to stop it because it'll only upset me more.
She texts me one word:
Fine
On my way to the car, I look through a display window. I think that I may have seen her. I text her: ground floor, white top, aƩropostale? well, it doesn't really matter now....
she doesn't text back.
Beloved, I am sorry if I've upset you. I just felt so frustrated because like I said, that may have just been the closest we have ever been. I knew that it was a gamble to begin with; us getting a chance to meet with the busy schedule you were forced to adhere to, but I have this fear that that may be the closest we can ever be, physically.
It's possible that we passed each other in the mall, without really knowing and those that we saw may have not been who we thought they were.
Someday, I hope to meet up with you, and this game of hide-and-go-seek will finally conclude. At that instant, I'll say with a smile: There you are! and the long wait will be over and it'll all be worth it.


1 Comments:
i'm still sorry!
-C
Post a Comment
<< Home