date due
I was in the library close to work the other day when I saw Clifford D. Simak's Way Station. The last time that I read this book was when I was in elementary. It's weird that I even recall that detail.
In truth, I've forgotten that I have even read this book until I saw the title. When I did, somehow, I knew.
This, to me, feels like a window to a past. It transported me back to the times when I waited for my sister in school. Oft-times, she'd find my nose buried in some book that I borrowed from the library.
This particular book though, I never personally borrowed. If memory serves me, she was the one who did so, from her school's library.
By picking up this book, it's allowed me to recall a distant memory.
My sister is close to giving birth to her first child. Perhaps, if I'm lucky, I can share this book with that child and in return, it will bring back memories for him in time as well.
In truth, I've forgotten that I have even read this book until I saw the title. When I did, somehow, I knew.
This, to me, feels like a window to a past. It transported me back to the times when I waited for my sister in school. Oft-times, she'd find my nose buried in some book that I borrowed from the library.
This particular book though, I never personally borrowed. If memory serves me, she was the one who did so, from her school's library.
By picking up this book, it's allowed me to recall a distant memory.
My sister is close to giving birth to her first child. Perhaps, if I'm lucky, I can share this book with that child and in return, it will bring back memories for him in time as well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home