stupid to the nth degree
I found a website that directed me to the Japan-America Society building in D.C. Supposedly, they regularly have Japanese language classes there.
I read in the paper yesterday that the Kabuki troupe from Japan was in town. It even listed the times when they'd be playing. It only made me feel bad that I was going to miss it since I would be at work during those said times.
What I find of interest is that my brain did NOT piece these two together.
Naturally the Japan-America Society would go and support the troupe. It's a link to their homeland, afterall. Unfortunately, they didn't mention in the website that they'd be closed whilst the troupe was here visiting.
Hence, my trip to the society building was... short.
I did get to hang out in Barnes and Noble though.
And I did get to meet somebody of interest in the train trip back.
Well, sort of.
True, I got to talk with her. I know she's taking up her Masters in Library Science in Catholic University and she only started this summer. I know that she's got 12 subjects to finish and that she's enrolled in 5 right now. I also know that she's planning to finish it all in 2 years. I know that she's working for some sort of warehouse. Above all, I know that she's had a bad day today: There was a fire in a Metro station in the morning, a gas leak close to the White House, and she thought that she was going to be late for her class because the train that we were riding on didn't go straight to her stop.
With the wealth of knowledge that I gathered from her in less than 15 minutes, you'd think that I'd have it made, right?
Wrong.
i didn't get her name.
i did give her my business card, but as far as my luck goes, i'm guessing that that's the last i'll ever hear of her.


4 Comments:
Smooth, bro. Smooth! :)
very LAME but let's pray she ain't as stupid as you.
abby here... that was waaaaay bright of you myk! waaay bright. let's just hope that SHE calls YOU, huh? :D
Hi! Ask about Zen meditation. They might know of a group close to you. In case you'd like to try it, that is. Remember how you could do the recommended sitting positions when I was just starting with my Zen group?
This habit of striking up conversations with people is something we share. I hope it will continue to enrich our life--and not endanger it.
Well, at least you had a calling card. It's something I haven't got, and so I'd have been worse off. Hahaha!
Post a Comment
<< Home