...so i can whistle!
How was your Sunday?
Mine was spent fulfilling my familial obligation by watching over my cousins.
They're like the younger siblings that I never had.
Unlike real siblings though, these critters are never going to receive any "brotherly" whacking from yours truly. Not that I ever will.
Of course I'd be lying if I'd said that the thought never crossed my mind.
So, I've to content myself with psychological warfare. It works, maybe 60% of the time.
Did I ever mention that the 8 year old has a mouth that can probably make your ears fall off?
Literally.
He starts off with his favorite topic, without anybody's prompting I may add, and has this discussion with me never getting a word in.
Did I also mention that his baby teeth are now coming off? It's a wonder how Mother Nature thinks up of these things -- how, when we're children we have the trial set and as we age, we get the permanent ones.
Oh. His front tooth came off today.
Sneezed too hard, and there it flew.
Cried buckets.
Had to work double shift as nanny and nurse.
I iced his gums and made him drink cold water. It stopped the bleeding.
I also said that if he worked his jaw too much, it may cause him to bleed again.
It was relatively peaceful after that.
I'd say that my Sunday was rather well spent.
Mine was spent fulfilling my familial obligation by watching over my cousins.
They're like the younger siblings that I never had.
Unlike real siblings though, these critters are never going to receive any "brotherly" whacking from yours truly. Not that I ever will.
Of course I'd be lying if I'd said that the thought never crossed my mind.
So, I've to content myself with psychological warfare. It works, maybe 60% of the time.
Did I ever mention that the 8 year old has a mouth that can probably make your ears fall off?
Literally.
He starts off with his favorite topic, without anybody's prompting I may add, and has this discussion with me never getting a word in.
Did I also mention that his baby teeth are now coming off? It's a wonder how Mother Nature thinks up of these things -- how, when we're children we have the trial set and as we age, we get the permanent ones.
Oh. His front tooth came off today.
Sneezed too hard, and there it flew.
Cried buckets.
Had to work double shift as nanny and nurse.
I iced his gums and made him drink cold water. It stopped the bleeding.
I also said that if he worked his jaw too much, it may cause him to bleed again.
It was relatively peaceful after that.
I'd say that my Sunday was rather well spent.


4 Comments:
can you just knock his teeth out everyday para laging tahimik hehehe!- Tin
My Verdict: This one's soused with cynicism tempered with warmth and humor :P
Earplugs man!!! Earplugs!!! Love it pare, nice train of thought- Crissypops
*POKE* Ey youse. Nice to hear you're...erm...bonding with your cousins. Been planning to send you e-mail, just can't figure out which addy to send it to. -g
Post a Comment
<< Home