The VA State Dance Sport Championships
I just came home from watching some of the best International and American style ballroom competitors. I was impressed. It helped too that a majority of them were easy in the eyes.
There was this one guy who had on a black sleeveless shirt. Now, it would've been a normal attire in a competition, but this shirt supported an open front which was bordered with frilly material. Think 18th century clothing when it comes to the frills. It didn't help matters either that he accessorized with thick wristbands. But, he won. Maybe I ought to try that some time, if I were not so wanting in the physiqué department.
I sat in a table with some spectators as well as fellow dancers. An officemate was being quizzed by one when she found out that we were dance instructors. I was just waiting for somebody to start up a conversation with me as well and see how far it would go. I was thinking maybe in these lines:
person: so are you a dance teacher as well?
me: yes.
person: what kind of dancing do you teach?
me: mostly lap and pole.
person: excuse me?
me: it's so amazing when new people come in and they want to learn the technique behind gogo dancing. i start them off by asking them to strip off their clothing to their bare essentials and i help them with their choice of underwear. you'd think that this would be an easy job, but it isn't. sometimes you'd get people who're a little in the padded department and other times they're stick-thin. plus, there's the issue of personal hygiene and you know what down there....
By this time, whoever this poor sap is, they'd be relatively uncomfortable or bemused. I suppose I just want to see how far I can go without cracking up myself.
I'd be in trouble though, should they ever ask for a business card.
There was this one guy who had on a black sleeveless shirt. Now, it would've been a normal attire in a competition, but this shirt supported an open front which was bordered with frilly material. Think 18th century clothing when it comes to the frills. It didn't help matters either that he accessorized with thick wristbands. But, he won. Maybe I ought to try that some time, if I were not so wanting in the physiqué department.
I sat in a table with some spectators as well as fellow dancers. An officemate was being quizzed by one when she found out that we were dance instructors. I was just waiting for somebody to start up a conversation with me as well and see how far it would go. I was thinking maybe in these lines:
person: so are you a dance teacher as well?
me: yes.
person: what kind of dancing do you teach?
me: mostly lap and pole.
person: excuse me?
me: it's so amazing when new people come in and they want to learn the technique behind gogo dancing. i start them off by asking them to strip off their clothing to their bare essentials and i help them with their choice of underwear. you'd think that this would be an easy job, but it isn't. sometimes you'd get people who're a little in the padded department and other times they're stick-thin. plus, there's the issue of personal hygiene and you know what down there....
By this time, whoever this poor sap is, they'd be relatively uncomfortable or bemused. I suppose I just want to see how far I can go without cracking up myself.
I'd be in trouble though, should they ever ask for a business card.


1 Comments:
Ever wondered what would happen if you went dressed up in digs like the ones Barry Manilow wore when he did the Copacabana thang?
Girlaloo: Hi, so are you a dance teacher as well?
Ambo: Baby, with clothes liek these I very well should be.
Girlaloo: So what types of dances you teach?
Ambo: Doing a dance on my lap while holding on to my pole.
Of course by this time the NYPD and the fashion police would be neck to neck in the race to bust your hump. But hopefully you'd have time to slip a length to the wench you were talking too.
*Sigh!* I've been watching too many pirate movies...
Post a Comment
<< Home