Wednesday, July 21, 2004

slept like a baby!

so i come home last night and my 8 year old cousin greets me.  he even keeps me company while i sup.  kind of sweet, you think to yourself, but i believe that i know this little mercenary a tad bit more than you do.

sadly as it turns out, i am correct.

his 5 year old sister got some sort of bug bite on her foot and it swelled unnaturally.  due to this, my uncle and aunt had to rush her to the hospital.

so it was me and the kid.

the greater of two evils.

we're bonding.  hanging out.

did i ever mention that this kid is to an extent, paranoid?  couple that with an overactive imagination and we've got him asking if i heard anything from outside EVERY FIVE SECONDS.

and i thought that i was going to have a peaceful evening.  instead, i grow an extra shadow.  the only places that he stays away from would be the bathroom when I'm in there and everywhere else when I am not.

Eventually, I had to tell him that it was time for bed.

He agreed with me... but refused to sleep by himself in his room.

He slept in mine.

Only last night did I find out that he snores.

oh sure.  he slept soundly for the whole night.

as for myself, I was beginning to wish that I had the farting dog that I housesat beside me instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home