Thursday, July 28, 2005

can you hear me now?

I finally succumbed to my inner technogeek and purchased myself a new telephone. I figured that it was about time too, since the one that I had prior to this was over 2 years old, and was ungraciously falling apart. Besides, I couldn't really wait on an xgf's promise to send to me a phone that she feels obligated to give; especially since she's got a bun in the oven and I'm definitely not it's baker.

The phone I had before, considering the current standards, isn't a dinosaur. Yet. It just has seen its share of battles and the scars were showing. If there was a place to bury old cellphones, I would without hesitation do so with complete honors.

Now, allow me this moment to dote on my newly acquired toy. It's got all the bells and whistles which is standard to most phones out there and then some.

The one thing that has me mystified though is the amount of calls that I have received with its number blocked. I figure that there may be some enterprising telemarketers out there and even if they technically shouldn't call cellphones, they still do. It's that, or I've got a brand new stalker since I picked up, and there was no answer.

The verdict isn't in yet for my little toy; I've got until the end of this week to decide whether I will keep it or send it back and get something else. I dunno though. Even if it's bulky and it's bound NOT to win any beauty contests, it's got its own charm that just sort of grows on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home