the scabs that i pick
today's my last day house-sitting.
been doing it since thursday last.
it helped, i think, since i was away from familiar grounds --- grounds which snap and i walked.
it's ironic though.
the house i sat for is actually even closer to snap's place.
thus, i constantly had to physically force myself not to drift towards her neighborhood. even had to say it out loud too.
damn.
i miss that woman.
i know though, that i cannot hold on to a love that only i am so stubbornly doing so. the other party has up and left. i'm the one here, wallowing in self-pity, and it disgusts me.
i'm the only one left in love.
or so i believe.
one good thing about all this soul-searching crap that i had to endure though:
i think i'm beginning to sleep better now.
but that still doesn't stop me from thinking of her.
been doing it since thursday last.
it helped, i think, since i was away from familiar grounds --- grounds which snap and i walked.
it's ironic though.
the house i sat for is actually even closer to snap's place.
thus, i constantly had to physically force myself not to drift towards her neighborhood. even had to say it out loud too.
damn.
i miss that woman.
i know though, that i cannot hold on to a love that only i am so stubbornly doing so. the other party has up and left. i'm the one here, wallowing in self-pity, and it disgusts me.
i'm the only one left in love.
or so i believe.
one good thing about all this soul-searching crap that i had to endure though:
i think i'm beginning to sleep better now.
but that still doesn't stop me from thinking of her.


1 Comments:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeping Things Whole
In a field
I am the absence
of field.
This is
always the case.
Wherever I am
I am what is missing.
When I walk
I part the air
and always
the air moves in
to fill the spaces
where my body's been.
We all have reasons
for moving.
I move
to keep things whole.
-- Mark Strand
Tin
Post a Comment
<< Home