Sunday, February 27, 2005

oh! drama! drama!

i just came from another one of those training seminars which we regularly have to better our dancing.

snap was there.

wasn't really looking forward to seeing her, since all it'd be about would be her pitying me for still pining for her.

oh, please. how pathetic.

true, i have a special place in my heart for her, but it's more in the category of: "what the hell happened?!" i mean, for all i knew, i was doing a wonderful job in that particular relationship. then, wham! she wanted out.

if nothing else, that pissed me off.

the pity, mostly did me in.

i did finally get most of my things back from her, since she kept it in her car. i had what i wanted: closure. that, and my very precious lil fat notebook where i've put my ideas of possible avenues for future stories.

i've also had a new insight in a song that has been running in that jukebox in my head:

Cross My Heart
(Watt/Thorn)

Now and then
Do you wash your hands of me again?
Wish me anywhere but home
Drunk and on the end of your phone

From time to time
Do you guess what's really on my mind?
Guess that "How you keeping now?"
Means "Where are you sleeping now"

But of course it's not polite
To ask you where you spent last night
And if I did you might reply
That I have no right
And anyway I'm fine
Glad that you're no longer mine
If I should tell a lie
I'll cross my heart and hope to die

You'd be appalled
If you knew what I was doing
When you called
Yes, I can see I'm blundering
Always end up wondering

Will it ever be alright
To ask you where you spent last night
And can it be polite
The way we never write,
Of course I don't have the time,
And anyway I'm fine
If I should tell a lie
I'll cross my hear and hope to die

I hope we never die

Produced by Mike Hedges and Everything But The Girl

whilst listening to this, the line that hit home most was the one that said:

And anyway I'm fine
Glad that you're no longer mine


which is so very true.

i think, if nothing else, i really ought to thank snap for leaving. now that she's out of the picture, i can go on with the business of living.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i think, if nothing else, i really ought to thank snap for leaving. now that she's out of the picture, i can go on with the business of living."

hey, way to go, bro!
be careful about falling into that tender trap again now, though..

Achie

2/28/2005 05:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i think, if nothing else, i really ought to thank snap for leaving. now that she's out of the picture, i can go on with the business of living."

hey, way to go, bro!
be careful about falling into that tender trap again now, though..

Achie

2/28/2005 05:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i think, if nothing else, i really ought to thank snap for leaving. now that she's out of the picture, i can go on with the business of living."

hey, way to go, bro!
be careful about falling into that tender trap again now, though..

Achie

2/28/2005 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger jonasdiego said...

That is so true. :)

3/01/2005 12:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what is the tender trap?

3/01/2005 06:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home