Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Membership Expired

Received a letter from that dating service yesterday when I came home. It said that, as per my request, they had my affiliation with them cancelled.

I remember the letter that I sent to them, stating that I was in a relationship (eventhough said relationship was on the rocks then and gone now) and extremely happy. I also made mention that even if their contract stipulates that they do not honor cancellations and each member must pay the extravagant amount in full, I was sure that mine was not the first time somebody requested a termination.

Besides, I already had a Plan B in the works, should they opt not to listen to reason: The Attorney General has laws for the rights of consumers afterall.

Thus, they finally consented, and gave me what I wanted. Sure, I'm a few thousand dollars poorer, but I've learned a valuable lesson: never go into a binding contract on a whim.

That was truly idiotic; deciding to see what they were all about, see how they let you meet people, and if their matches were indeed made in heaven.

All I got were faceless voices on the phone, a hole in my pocket for subscribing, and cancelled let's go out and meet and get to know each other dates.

Would I consider letting a matchmaker take care of me again the next time? If they were in the same caliber of say, those in the fiddler on the roof, possibly. Other than that, it'll have to be a flat out no.

I just find it funny and ironic though, that I received that letter on St. Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home