Grey Sky Morning
Lifted that from a Vertical Horizon song. If you're a fan, then you know exactly which one that's from, and just so that you know, it's painful to hear, but it is also helping to numb me.
Thursday today.
The past three Thursdays, snap would call me. The first one was to ask me to go over to her studio (and consequently break up with me), second was to meet up with her after work to get my stuff that she's been wearing, and the third was to tell me how stressful her day was.
Each time, I almost blubbered on the phone, or in front of her.
Damn.
I'm going through withdrawal again.
I know, she's not obligated.
And I can just pick up the phone and say hello.
But, to what end?
I'll only end up wanting her back, and saying that to her doesn't ultimately change the fact that she's not wanting to be back.
Says that there're too many differences betwixt us.
Same differences that she somehow overlooked when we were going strong, like I'm sure she's had her share which I'd like to think that I wholeheartedly accepted.
I won't be bitter.
I won't rant.
Well, not much anyway.
Maybe I can delude myself into thinking that she misses me.
Even if she did; I think I'm the intense one here.
I'll let her call me.
Not that she will, mind you.
Still, I can dream.
My boss stopped me from leaving the parking lot tonight and told me that snap's boss called earlier and asked her if she's got anybody she could spare.
Asked me if I wanted to work at the Bethesda studio.
I looked at her funny.
She relented, said sorry and said that it was a mean joke.
I told her that I would love to, but I don't think that it would work out since snap doesn't seem to see me as a dancing partner anymore.
I did mention that snap's under a whole lot of stress and hinted that it may be due to her boss.
I told my boss that I don't want snap to leave the business.
In case she decides to quit Bethesda, I told my boss to hire her.
Then, I'll move to one of the New Jersey studios and play darts with one of the dance consultants there who just recently reacquired a studio.
Told my boss that that's where I'd go.
She laughed and said, nice try, and that they like me way too much to let me go, be it to Bethesda or elsewhere.
It's wonderful to have that kind of rapport with one's boss.
I guess in my case that adage may indeed be true afterall:
Thursday today.
The past three Thursdays, snap would call me. The first one was to ask me to go over to her studio (and consequently break up with me), second was to meet up with her after work to get my stuff that she's been wearing, and the third was to tell me how stressful her day was.
Each time, I almost blubbered on the phone, or in front of her.
Damn.
I'm going through withdrawal again.
I know, she's not obligated.
And I can just pick up the phone and say hello.
But, to what end?
I'll only end up wanting her back, and saying that to her doesn't ultimately change the fact that she's not wanting to be back.
Says that there're too many differences betwixt us.
Same differences that she somehow overlooked when we were going strong, like I'm sure she's had her share which I'd like to think that I wholeheartedly accepted.
I won't be bitter.
I won't rant.
Well, not much anyway.
Maybe I can delude myself into thinking that she misses me.
Even if she did; I think I'm the intense one here.
I'll let her call me.
Not that she will, mind you.
Still, I can dream.
My boss stopped me from leaving the parking lot tonight and told me that snap's boss called earlier and asked her if she's got anybody she could spare.
Asked me if I wanted to work at the Bethesda studio.
I looked at her funny.
She relented, said sorry and said that it was a mean joke.
I told her that I would love to, but I don't think that it would work out since snap doesn't seem to see me as a dancing partner anymore.
I did mention that snap's under a whole lot of stress and hinted that it may be due to her boss.
I told my boss that I don't want snap to leave the business.
In case she decides to quit Bethesda, I told my boss to hire her.
Then, I'll move to one of the New Jersey studios and play darts with one of the dance consultants there who just recently reacquired a studio.
Told my boss that that's where I'd go.
She laughed and said, nice try, and that they like me way too much to let me go, be it to Bethesda or elsewhere.
It's wonderful to have that kind of rapport with one's boss.
I guess in my case that adage may indeed be true afterall:
Lucky in business, unlucky in love.


1 Comments:
Dude, this is getting serious. Try to call me on V Day before I get too busy okay? Let's talk.
Tin
Post a Comment
<< Home