Tuesday, June 01, 2004

All's well that ends well...?

Memorial Day Weekend's finally over. Back to the grind. Funny how time moves so quickly -- you'd think that somebody was running after time. Hmm... definitely an interesting premise. Mayhap I shall pursue this line of thought....

Anyway, pathetic Ye Olde English aside, I'd say that sometimes the weekends suck me dryer than the weekdays itself. Still, I doubt if everybody comes from a stress-free job environment such as myself. Or, I'm so naive that it isn't that stress-free after all.

Got to see my cousins during the holiday weekend; that's something to be happy about.

except that the last time that I truly bonded with most of them was when I was in fourth grade and they all left for better grazing grounds.

Never thought I'd feel so alone in the company of kith and kin.

I'd vouch for them by saying that most of us in the first litter have our own families to look after now -- thus the disconnect.

The second brood of cousins are just getting their feet wet and are enjoying the freedom of a relatively shackle-less first few years of drivinghood so they were nowhere to be seen.

That leaves me with the saplings.

*sigh*

wouldn't you know it. Only single dude in the whole house and I get stuck with the 2-8 year olds.

I can't wait to get back to the friggin' grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home